Tools of the Heart Online Course
Designed for Grades K-1, 2-3, 4-5 & 6
Watch the video
Now more than ever, kids need connection
Restorative Social-Emotional Learning (SEL) is at the heart of Soul Shoppe’s work. Giving students the tools to integrate SEL into their academic and personal lives supports them with skills that contribute to a lifetime of success.
- The Council of Distinguished Scientists unanimously endorses full integration of social and emotional learning with academic instruction.
- Children with stronger social and emotional competencies are also more likely to enter and graduate from college, succeed in their careers, have positive work and family relationships, better mental and physical health, reduced criminal behavior, and to become engaged citizens.” 
Soul Shoppe’s signature Tools of the Heart digital course delivers our award-winning curriculum in an on-demand format. Tools of the Heart shares essential communication and problem-solving skills that students can use every day, whether they’re in the classroom, on the playground, or at home.
Tools of the Heart contains
- 4-modules of 2 lessons each (8 lessons total)
- Each lesson is approximately 30-35 minutes
- Tools of the Heart is a digital course that can also be accompanied by virtual livestream or in-person lessons for more reach
For the 2023-24 year, schools that choose in-person or virtual programs with Tools of the Heart will have lessons centered on the experience of friendship: how can kids recognize and build healthy friendships, advocate for themselves with their friends, and work through challenges with friends and classmates.
What’s inside the Tools of the Heart course
Four mini-courses cover foundational communication and problem-solving skills using interactive videos, writing prompts, stories and fun activities.
Tools of the Heart has been designed by Social Emotional Learning experts to help young people identify, manage and express their feelings and needs. They develop and practice skills that help them to form healthy relationships that will last throughout their lives. The course is differentiated by grade- level to track with cognitive and emotional development so it can be repeated each year as students move on to unlock a new grade’s version of the course.
All of our digital courses teach Social Emotional Learning (SEL) competencies that align with guidelines set by the Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning (CASEL). Students gain skills that help them become more emotionally resilient, empathetic, and ready to learn. With our additional special emphasis on equity, belonging, and restorative justice, students acquire a deep sense of connection and empowerment.
We use mindfulness and embodiment techniques, social engagement exercises, art, and restorative practices to teach kids how to recognize, manage, and express their feelings and needs in healthy ways.
Tools of the Heart is also available in Spanish.
Reach out to us at email@example.com to learn more about the course and on site lessons.
 Moffit et al., 2010; Greenberg et al., 2017; Weissberg et al., 2015